NEW! 3-Step Cheat Sheet for SBA Disaster Relief Application
NEW! Video: Disaster Relief Packages Explained
NEW! Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Fill Out Disaster Relief Application - #1
NEW! Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Fill Out Disaster Relief Application - #2
NEW! Small Business Guide to the CARES Act (info on all current disaster relief available to small businesses)
NEW! Small Business Guide & Checklist to Loans
SBA Disaster Loan Application
SBA Express Bridge Loan
Small Business Relief Fund: Matching Grants for Businesses Raising $500+ on GoFundMe
COVID-19 Relief Grants for Non-Profit Organizations
Webinar: Funding Updates for CA Small Businesses affected by COVID-19
Article: SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
NEW! Podcast: Federal COVID-19 Leaves: Key Points
NEW! CA Entrepreneurship Task Force Rapid Response Session on Friday, March 27, 2020 & PowerPoint Slides
NEW! Podcast: Employers' FAQs Related to COVID-19 Answered
Article: What Employers Need to Know about Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Employer Help: If you anticipate having challenges with payroll, or if your organization is considering layoffs, please contact LAEDC immediately and their team will help avoid the need for layoffs. Email LAEDC: Covid19response@laedc.org
Webinar: Resources for Employees of California Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 (you'll need to type in name and email to access)
Article: Furloughs Versus Layoffs: Is There a Difference in California?
REORGANIZING FOR VIRTUAL OPERATIONS
Article: COVID-19: Preparing for Remote Work
Article: Best Practices for Remote-Managing Your Small Business
- On March 18, Square Online Store released the option for curbside pickup, and later this week a local delivery feature will be available for all businesses so that you can quickly adapt to this changing environment. They are also waiving curbside pickup and delivery fees for the next three months. Square Online Store already offers online orders for in-store pickup with no monthly fee.
- For businesses that have accounts with them, Square is refunding all software subscription fees for the month of March, which includes Square Appointments, Retail, Restaurants, Loyalty, Team Management, Payroll, Marketing, and Square Online Store. Square will manage the process for you—there’s no need to do anything.
- Square is also offering a resource hub with information and advice for businesses to navigate this new environment, which covers how to offer local delivery, set up and promote electronic gift cards, utilize free marketing campaigns, turn off signature requirements for in-person purchases, and more.
- E-Gift Cards: Restaurants are adapting quickly by offering carryout, curbside and delivery orders to customers, but what if you're not a restaurant or providing an essential service? You may not be able to serve the same number of customers or none at all until this crisis subsides, however, you can selle-gift cards which can be used later when things normalize. Offer these at a discount to create an incentive for people who are currently focused solely on health and survival (for instance, $50 gift card for $40); this way you can get some cash flow into your business and also keep customers invested to come back to you when the crisis ends. We're told you don't have to use Square in your business to process credit cards to use this features. Here's a tutorial video to show you how it works: Square E-Gift Cards Tutorial Video
Patreon: If you have a business that can provide services via video or audio recording or in written or graphic form such as classes, coaching or advice, this app can allow you to monetize by signing up monthly subscribers at varying levels of commitment while giving them access to video, audio or written content. You set the levels and what you will provide at each level and that can include a physical product if you like.
Zoom: This app that works on computers and mobile devices to host a virtual meeting. The free version will hold a 40 minute meeting with up to 100 people, and if you need more time or larger groups, the paid plans start at $14.99 per month.
RingCentral: This service can provide voice over IP phone service, virtual receptionist, voicemail and Fax, as well as virtual meetings. During the current crisis, educators (K-12 schools), health-care providers, and non-profit organizations can use this software free for 3 months with no obligation.
BUSINESSES TO HELP YOU
Here are Chamber members who are ready to help local businesses with some of the challenges they're facing right now:
- Aion Web and Graphic Designs - Now offering a $499 website package normally valued at $999 to help businesses with their online presence.
- Express Employment - While some businesses are shutting down, others are amping up. If your business needs help, there is a new pool of people looking for work and owner Frank Valencia and his team can help you with this.
- G&C Protective Services - With over 30 years combined experience, the owners offer security assessments and security guards and patrols for both residential and commercial properties.
K-9 Protective Services - Offering free security analysis and walk-through to provide proposal. They can perform hourly sweeps to observe any property damage or malicious acts (loitering, tagging, vandalism/theft, keeping vagrants off your property).
- RG Pacfic LLC - With social distancing becoming the new norm, businesses are adapting by doing more business online. If you need help doing this quickly, Ray Galan and his team can get up and running fast! Now offering discounted services for local companies: immediate online ordering, social media advertising, Google advertising.
- Roquemore, Pringle, & Moore, Inc. - This Law Office advises businesses, both corporations and individuals, in various aspects of business law, including bankruptcy. They also do estate planning and assist clients in probate and trust disputes. They are available to meet with potential clients for no charge for the initial consultation.
- Universo Cleaning, Inc. - Sanitation has never been more critical, and Universo can help protect your employees and clients by cleaning and sanitizing your workplace.
PUBLIC HEALTH & GOVERNMENT ORDERS
NEW! Article: Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order to Help Small Business During Crisis
Governor Newsom's Executive Order - March 21, 2020
Governor Newsom's Executive Order - March 19, 2020
LA County Public Health Dept. Safer at Home Order - March 21, 2020
LA County Public Health Dept. Safer at Home Order - March 19, 2020
NEW! Article: 6 Steps to Closing a Business While Staying Compliant
NEW! South Coast AQMD Expediting Permits to Aid COVID-19 Efforts
Website: Safer At Home Order for Control of COVID-19
Webinar: COVID-19 - What Small Businesses Should Do (you'll need to type in name and email to access)
Article: COVID-19 Business Resources
Webinar: Business Interruption: Actionable Steps for Small Business Owners presented by Karie Armstrong, Business Advisor at the SBDC