Accountant Office Assistant-Now Hiring!
Tax Office Accounting Administrative Assistant
We are looking for someone with exceptional customer services skills, excellent communication skills, highly organized, passion & commitment to work, responsible, fast learner, on time, be able to multitask, strong work ethic and be ready to take initiative. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently. This position is ideal for someone seeking advancement and an opportunity for growth. Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Answering multi-line phones, provide excellent phone coverage for all incoming phone calls and transferring to the correct team members. Take and distribute messages. Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Maintaining client checklist for sales tax returns preparation and tracking current bookkeeping completion
- Responsible for various tasks interfacing with accounting team members and clients
- Maintain a log of clients that are on payment plans and follow up on a monthly basis
- Following up on collection of documents and data, keep track of mail, and packages
- Assist in our Accounts Receivable Management and Collections efforts
- Reviewing checklists and updating the status of different projects
- Collect payments from clients and distribute to office manager
- Filling management/Source document management
- Provide support to the Accounting Team Members
- Greeting clients/guests coming to the office
- Scanning, faxing, copying, & Mailing
- Assist with Tax Return Assembly
- Additional tasks as directed
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to switch tasks and prioritize efficiently
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment/good interpersonal skill
- Knowledgeable in office management, bookkeeping, and payroll processing
- Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking and written skills essential (Required)
- Computer literacy with Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in tax/accounting field
- Experience with QuickBooks data entry
- Typing and 10 Key proficiency
- Overtime is a must during tax season. OT M-F possibly some Saturdays
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm.
- This is a full-time / part-time hourly position.
- Min 1 year of office experience, tax/accounting experience is preferred but not required.
- Health Insurance after 3 months, 50%
If you have the above experience and are outgoing, energetic, have a positive attitude, and upbeat personality who is not afraid of a challenge. Join our team! Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. *No Phone Calls Please.