The Field Collector reports directly to the Credit/Collections Manager. The Field Collector is responsible for making direct customer contact and collect delinquent balances from customers, which are over 60 days past due. The Field Collector will perform all collection activities to minimize delinquency and mitigate potential losses while representing Athens in a professional and positive manner.
Essential Job Functions:
* Collect delinquent balances from customers, which are over 60 days past due, by direct contact with the customers.
* Reduce bad debt write-offs by providing prompt and accurate information about customers, such as vacancies, companies going out of business, or customers preparing to move.
* Attach stop service/delinquent notices to customer doors/equipment when customers are not present to collect past due balances.
* Responsible for picking up checks or conducting site inspections as directed by Credit/Collections Manager or Inside Collectors.
* May be required to assist the Accounts Receivable Department by delivering or picking up mail and/or related items.
* When outside collection activities are reduced, collectors will be required to make collection calls from the office.
* Conduct parcel audits of specific cities.
* Responsible for turning in daily call sheets every Friday and entering customer account activity notes into the system via tablet daily.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Bilingual (English / Spanish)
* 1-2 years of experience in a billing/credit collector role.
* Valid Class C Driver's License.
* Acceptable driving record. (H-6 printout will be requested)
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Proficient use of hand held tablets.
* Advanced sense of direction.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or other related field.
* Waste industry experience.
* Driving, seeing, & hearing continuously.
* Oral/Written communication, analytical abilities, calculating, problem solving continuously.
* Walking, standing, & sitting frequently.
* Reaching, crouching, stooping, bending, & lifting less than or equal to 50 Lbs. occasionally.
* Eye/hand coordination continuously.
* Fingering (typing, picking), holding (grasping), feet (foot pedals), wrist motion (flexion/rotation) frequently.
* Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, noise, chemicals frequently.
* Exposure to outside elements (hot/cold/rain conditions) frequently.
* Walking on potential slippery surfaces
* Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Recognition programs
* Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran