The Recycling Coordinator will assist the Government Affairs department on the ongoing account service in support of our Franchise Contract's Zero Waste plan. The Recycling Coordinator will proactively work with customers to help them increase their waste diversion and implement resource management practices and programs. They will serve as the primary business contact for clients and are responsible for customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide logistical account support (including, but not limited to): set up contracts and oversee accounts; increase/decrease service; identify waste problem areas; determine container types, sizes, and locations; establish a collection schedule; and identify employee training needs
* Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue
* Conduct business site visits, research and analysis, waste assessments, and surveys
* Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports
* Assist in the approval of service changes, invoices, and payment collections
* Provide administrative and analytical support (including answering phone calls)
* Evaluate effectiveness of clientele resource management practices and programs, identify opportunities and strategies to increase waste diversion, and help clientele set goals for future diversion practices
* Interact directly and maintain effective working relationships with business owners, management companies, maintenance companies and staff, customers, residents, community groups, and the general public
* Actively be involved with local Chambers of Commerce and Business Associations
* Participate in public education and outreach activities including presentations, workshops, trainings, and tabling
* Educate customers on the latest recycling regulations (i.e. AB 1826, AB 341, etc.)
* Implement commercial waste diversion practices through reduce, reuse, recycling, and composting programs
* Participate in pilot studies to evaluate strategies that may increase recycling, waste reduction, collection efficiency, or other benefits
* Reports to the Recycling Coordinator I (Leads), providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis
* Build relationships with clients to cross sell any additional services we may offer and encourage new business opportunities outside City of LA
* Work cross functionally with other departments: Customer Service, Operations, Finance, Collections, etc.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Microsoft Office experience (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Proven ability of effectively managing client relationships
* Interact effectively with individuals from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds
* Ability to often travel to surrounding Los Angeles City and County areas
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
* Bilingual (i.e. Spanish, Korean, Chinese, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field
* Experience in CRM Databases (i.e. Softpak) and sales related software (i.e. Salesforce)
* Certification, training, and experience in recycling and materials management
* A general understanding of: applicable federal, state and local legislation and regulations related to materials management; general terminology regarding waste, recycling, resource management, and zero waste; product characterization and materials identification; extended producer responsibility
* Driving, seeing, & hearing continuously.
* Oral/Written communication, analytical abilities, calculating, problem solving continuously.
* Walking, standing, & sitting frequently.
* Reaching, crouching, stooping, bending, & lifting less than or equal to 50 Lbs. occasionally.
* Eye/hand coordination continuously.
* Fingering (typing, picking), holding (grasping), feet (foot pedals), wrist motion (flexion/rotation) frequently.
* Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, noise, chemicals frequently.
* Exposure to outside elements (hot/cold/rain conditions) frequently.
* Walking on potential slippery surfaces occasionally.
* Works inside and outside.
* Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Recognition programs
* Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran