$5,401.25 to $6,898.75 / Monthly
56-hour work week
15% PARAMEDIC BONUS
AND 10% EMT
Under general supervision, the Firefighter/Paramedic responds to fire alarms and other related requests for emergency assistance; participates in fire prevention inspections, training activities, public relations program, station and equipment maintenance; performs other related work as required.
- Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge of: Basic knowledge of methods and principles of fire suppression, fire investigation, fire prevention, emergency medical response and hazard material control.
Ability to: Understand and act in accordance with the Department policy, rules and regulations; learn a variety of firefighting, emergency service and rescue methods, duties and techniques; respond quickly to emergency situations and work under pressure; assist with fire inspection and prevention activities; interpret, explain and apply fire codes and regulations; learn and perform special assignments as delegated; understand and carry out oral and written directions; meet established standards of physical endurance and agility; effectively represent the fire service functions of the Department with the public; communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Education/Training/Experience: High school graduation or GED is desirable. Graduation from a State approved fire academy with Paramedic certification. One year of experience as a Paramedic with a private ambulance company or municipal fire department is highly desirable.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSAt time of appointment the successful candidate must have:
- A completed City of Montebello on-line employment application via NEOGOV.
- Picture Identification.
- Copy of State certified Fire Academy Diploma or Firefighter 1 Certificate (or State equivalent if not California).
- Copy of current California State Paramedic License (or, if not California, a State equivalent accompanied with a Current National Registry Certificate).
- A copy of your High School diploma or equivalent (highly desirable)
- Proof of successful completion of a Biddle Physical Ability Test or CPAT (dated within twelve months).
- A Valid California State Class C driver's License
- A signed Non-Tobacco Use Statement
- Successfully passed all qualifying examinations, the City's pre-employment physical, and extensive background check.
- Must successfully obtain Los Angeles County paramedic accreditation.
- Supplemental information
APPLICATION & TESTING PROCEDURESYou must submit a City application and your required documentation directly to the City of Montebello's Human Resources Department. Only On-Line applications will be accepted. To apply please go to the City's website: http://www.cityofmontebello.com/department/human-resources/career-pages.html
You may upload the required documents to your NEOGOV application.
Candidates will be invited to participate in a CPS entry-level Firefighters written examination & Paramedic supplement examination after the review of their applications and supporting documentation. Candidates who successfully passed the written examination will be invited to an oral examination and paramedic skill assessment.
SELECTIONCandidates who pass the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list which may remain valid for up to one year.
Prior to appointment, candidates must successfully complete all of the following:
Medical Evaluation including Drug Screen
Proof of authorization to work in the United States
A comprehensive investigation is conducted into each candidate's background in order to evaluate the candidate's suitability for the position. Areas of inquiry include:
- Work History
- School Record
- Criminal Conduct
- Drug and Alcohol Use
- Driving Record
- Credit History
Firefighter/ParamedicCity of MontebelloJob Description