The incubator program is a 24-month program that provides a shared kitchen space, workshops, training, coaching, access to capital, training, and the ability to grow a restaurant pop-up or catering business into a formalized storefront restaurant at a fraction of the cost. Accepted applicants will: participate in a 4-month, part-time boot camp; gain access to capital to fund their start-up restaurant and connections with highly knowledgeable industry mentors; work out of the BLVD MRKT’s fully–equipped shared kitchen space while paying a fraction of the cost in rent and start-up costs, and receive ongoing coaching to keep their business on-track and growing, as well as specialized help from experts in accounting, marketing, branding, culinary, etc.
The ideal candidates for the program will meet the following criteria:
- Owner/founder has a passion for food
- Proven record of commitment and drive to launch their business (such as operating pop-ups, catering, or small events for at least 6–12 months)
- Willingness to incorporate innovation practices to create better food options
- Aspires to open their own restaurant and dedicate their time full-time to making that successful
- Extremely coachable and dedicated to being successful
- Lives or works in the local Gateway cities / South/East Los Angeles area (ideally Montebello)
If accepted, incubator businesses will be responsible for a flat-rate monthly rent, common area maintenance charges for BLVD MRKT facilities and 10% revenue share.
To begin the application process, interested parties may fill out an interest form, now available online at: www.blvdmrkt.com/incubator. Applicants are asked to complete this form by February 15, 2019, as program orientation begins March 30th, 2019.