BLVD MRKT Accepting Applications for Restaurant Incubator Program
BLVD MRKT, the new food hall to be built on the corner of Whittier Blvd. and 6th Street in Downtown Montebello, is currently accepting applications for its incubator program. The new development soon to break ground will encompass 8,500 square feet made up of nine micro-kitchens for food and beverage vendors, indoor-outdoor seating, and one shared kitchen where new businesses will be fostered and developed.
The incubator program is a 24-month program that provides a shared kitchen space, workshops, training, coaching, access to capital, training, and the ability to grow a restaurant pop-up or catering business into a formalized storefront restaurant at a fraction of the cost. Accepted applicants will: participate in a 4-month, part-time boot camp; gain access to capital to fund their start-up restaurant and connections with highly knowledgeable industry mentors; work out of the BLVD MRKT’s fully–equipped shared kitchen space while paying a fraction of the cost in rent and start-up costs, and receive ongoing coaching to keep their business on-track and growing, as well as specialized help from experts in accounting, marketing, branding, culinary, etc.
The ideal candidates for the program will meet the following criteria:
- Owner/founder has a passion for food
- Proven record of commitment and drive to launch their business (such as operating pop-ups, catering, or small events for at least 6–12 months)
- Willingness to incorporate innovation practices to create better food options
- Aspires to open their own restaurant and dedicate their time full-time to making that successful
- Extremely coachable and dedicated to being successful
- Lives or works in the local Gateway cities / South/East Los Angeles area (ideally Montebello)
If accepted, incubator businesses will be responsible for a flat-rate monthly rent, common area maintenance charges for BLVD MRKT facilities and 10% revenue share.
To begin the application process, interested parties may fill out an interest form, now available online at: www.blvdmrkt.com/incubator. Applicants are asked to complete this form by February 15, 2019, as program orientation begins March 30th, 2019.