The 2020 Installation Dinner & Shining Star Awards was held as a live virtual event on Thursday, August 27th with an online auction beginning the week before the live event. For the first time, the entire community and general public had unprecedented access to this event because of its online platform! The theme of the event was "Tropical Paradise."
Thank you for joining us as we celebrated 108 years of community and service to the Montebello community! If you missed the event, a recording of the event will be available soon so you can watch the inspiring recognition of exceptional individuals, businesses and organizations who have contributed to our community as we presented the 2020 Shining Star Awards, witness the solemn oath of service as we install our 2020-2021 Board of Directors, review the Chamber's activities and accomplishments over the past year, and relive the fun of live and silent online auctions, as participants picked up valuable deals and exclusive items while helping to support the Montebello Chamber!
Online Auction: August 20, 2020 at 12PM
Live Event: August 27, 2020 at 7PM
2020 SHINING STAR AWARD WINNERS
- Educator of the Year: Martha A. Garcia - Montebello High School
- Citizen of the Year: David Tarazon
- Public Service: Police Chief Brad Keller - Montebello Police Department
- Community Organization of the Year: Montebello-Commerce YMCA
- Most Improved Commercial Property: Beverly Hospital
- Member Business of the Year: The Shops at Montebello
AMBASSADOR OF THE YEAR