The Healthy Stores Refrigeration Program supports small businesses and neighborhoods by offering free energy-efficient refrigerators to independent grocery and corner stores. These refrigerators allow grocers to expand their healthy food options and may help them save money on their energy bill.
How does it work?
- Grocery and corner stores email HRSP@isd.lacounty.gov to start the process and confirm eligibility
- A representative will work with the business owner to complete an interest form and choose one to two refrigerators
- The business owner completes a survey before and after installation
- A representative will provide resources on sourcing, marketing, and selling healthy food to be stocked in new refrigerators
- Priority is given to businesses located in Los Angeles food deserts or communities disproportionately affected by pollution
For questions and inquiries, reach out to HRSP@isd.lacounty.gov.